Monday, May 4, 2009

Why Does My Water Taste Like Sweaty Socks?

This is not a joke. Every night the water coming out of the faucet in my kitchen starts to taste and smell funky. In the morning, it's back to tasting fine (i.e., it has no noticeable taste at all). I'm trying to figure out if something is seeping into or out of the old pipes. And is this "something" harmful to me and my family? I can handle water that occasionally tastes like sweaty socks UNLESS that water is slowly poisoning me.

Are there any plumbers or environmental experts out there who can shed some light on this?

Guess why I got rid of my Brita water-filtration pitcher...Go ahead--guess!...Yes, I got rid of my Brita water-filtration pitcher because I was worried about bisphenol-A leeching out of the plastic pitcher into my drinking water. And now I'm drinking the straight, unfiltered, sweaty-sock stuff, regretting that I threw out my old, scratched, bisphenol-A-tainted plastic pitcher. What's wrong with me?

Please, if you know why my drinking water tastes like sweaty socks sometimes, PLEASE let me know in the comments section. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know for certain, but...

    ...do you have lots of cats in your neighbourhood?

    ReplyDelete